Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Birthday in Dubai

Well I finally did it, I turned 43! I don't feel old. We just arrived from Kabul. Getting out of the airport was quite the experience. We had our passports checked 5 times.

To celebrate my birthday, my sister and I drank champagne in Le Meridian Hotel in Dubai. Dubai and Kabul are the extreme opposites. I'm still thinking about all the wonderful people I met in Kabul. One of the guards at my sister's compound had his cousin (who is a tailor) make me a traditional Afghan outfit. Another guard bought me a melon as a going away gift.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

S and M said...

happy birthday!!!! u better be in the united states next yr. to celebrate buddy....

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday! This will be one you will not ever forget. Enjoying taking this trip with you. The pictures are great. Continue to stay safe.

Wade Bloggs said...

happy b-day! you don't look a day over 43.